Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it usually take till email notifications are sent from Confluence?

Markus Raab June 21, 2017

I always thought that email notifications are sent immediately / within one minute, e.g., to inform watchers about changes, etc.

However, it seems I experence a delay now and the email notifications are roughly sent every 10 minutes.

Can you confirm that actually this must happen immediately?

Confluence Server 5.10.1

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Hi Markus,

with Confluence 5.10, Atlassian introduced "batched notifications". By default, these batched notifications are sent every 10 minutes and include all changes that are made to a page in the last 10 minutes.

This is to reduce email traffic, you only get one notification, even if the page was changed 20 times in the last 10 minutes.

Here you can find more information about batched notifications: 

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/stay-informed-with-confluence-batched-notifications

Markus Raab June 21, 2017

Hi Thomas,

thanks that explains a lot. I found the settings for batched notifications and it actually is exactly set to 10 minutes.

I also realized that Confluence sends immediate email notifications if someone is directly mentioned, which comes very handy.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

you're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events