How fast does Automatically Assigning Users to Groups take effect?

Todd_Gamblin July 29, 2012

Crowd directories can be set up to automatically add users to groups when they authenticate, according to the docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Automatically+Assigning+Users+to+Groups

If I set a directory up to auto-add to confluence-users and jira-users, and the directory is visible to Confluence and JIRA applications, how long is it before the new group membership is visible in the applications?

I thought there was a synchronization window of 30 minutes or so, so if I DO set this up, and if only members of confluence-users have the "can use" permission in Confluence, won't users be shut out when they first log in? At least until the next synchronization happens?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Laskowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

In a Crowd connected directory, Confluence will perform a one-time check against Crowd prior to the recurring sync if a username does not already exist in one of the active directories (meaning it is not cached yet in the database). When this check happens, user memberhsips will also be retrieved, and if their group memberships from within Crowd contain a group with "Can Use" in Confluence, they should be able to access the site.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events