How do you insert links to file sand folders on SharePoint in a Confluence Space

Lesli Evans March 29, 2022

I am trying to place links to Project Resources stored on a company SharePoint Site in a Confluence Team Space. How can I do this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

This plugin worked much better for me than others mentioned in this post: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216789/onedrive-sharepoint-for-confluence

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022

@Scott Beeson , Thanks for sharing your experience. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Lesli Evans ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

I think you will have to go for a connector . Have you checked the paid connector below?

This will help you do that and seems like it onboards lot of other features. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Lesli Evans March 30, 2022

Hi @Srinatha T 
Thank you! I found a way to embed link to files on SharePoint in Confluence space by opening the document and selecting Share-upload to OneDrive, then copying the link and inserting it in Confluence page.

Thanks,

Lesli Evans

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

@Lesli Evans ,

Glad to hear that and thank you for sharing. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Lesli Evans March 30, 2022

Of course and thank you for your reference to connector for Atlassian!

There may be advantages to using that I am not aware of- yet :  )

Lesli Evans

Almuth Boehme [Communardo] April 1, 2022

@Srinatha TThank you for mentioning our product!

@Lesli EvansIf you simply want to link resources in SharePoint and are happy to jump to SharePoint to work with them, your way of embedding the link should work perfectly fine.

If you are ever interested to integrate SharePoint and Confluence more deeply, the SharePoint Connector for Confluence allows you to display the SharePoint list or document from SharePoint right in the Confluence page - without having to switch the system. The other way around is possible as well with this app, i.e. displaying a Confluence page within SharePoint.

If you ever have any questions about the SharePoint Connector, don't hesitate to reach out to our support: https://jira.communardo.de/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Best

Almuth

Communardo Support

Like Srinatha T likes this
Lesli Evans May 20, 2022

Thank you!

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2022

Hi @Lesli Evans , If you feel that your question is answered , feel free to accept the answer. This way , this thread will be marked closed and the community members can focus on open discussions. 

Have a good weekend! 

Cheers

Srinath

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events