Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you create a parent space?

Martin Bluck January 30, 2017

I have a space on Confluence called "SysAdmin".
All of the pages in this space are under "Home" (parent).
Is it possible to create another parent (i.e. Home2) and move some of the existing pages to this space?Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 14.07.12.png

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2017

Hi Martin,

No problem.  To do this, you need to go to Reorder pages, which you can get to either by going through Space tools > Reorder pages (the Space tools button is in the bottom left of the sidebar) or by clicking the ellipsis (the 3 little dots) in the top right hand side of any page and selecting View in hierarchy.

In the Reorder pages tab that will open up, a tree view of all the pages in the space will be displayed.  You can drag and drop pages within this treeview in any order you like.  If you drag a parent page to a new location, the children will come too.

Martin Bluck February 3, 2017

Thanks Rob, much appreciated.

3 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2017

A space can only have one Home page, but you can change the home page and/or add more parents under that home page. You can then add the second Home page to the Space Shortcuts list.

hakimshukor June 22, 2020

But how to add more parent ? I noticed that, we can create new article (call it as A), and that new article (A) can become a parent.. But the problem is, we have to fill in the article (A)..But i  just want the parent as a title only, and its child will be the articles.

0 votes
James Elie February 3, 2017

Hi Martin,

Version 6 of Confluence allows you to copy/move an entire page hierarchy (tree).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-0-release-notes-844235309.html

Older versions require paid plugins. The Copy Page Tree plugin looks like it might work, but I haven't tried it. We have used the Space Tree plugin, but that was specifically for duplicating an entire Space.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2017

Hi Martin,

Your question is a bit confusing.  You says that all of your pages in the SysAdmin space are under a parent page called Home, but that you want to create another parent called Home2 and move pages that are currently under Home to "this space" (i.e. Home2)

Are you asking how to move child pages from one parent page to another parent page in the same space?

OR

Are you asking how to move pages from one space to another space?

Martin Bluck February 3, 2017

Hi Rob,

Yes that's right, I want to move child pages from the Home parent to Home2 in the same space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events