Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you apply restrictions to sub-pages

Mark Nixon April 17, 2012

Hi Guys,

Basic question I know, but help would be really appriciated!!

Im consolidating a lot of our content, and moving stuff that was in many spaces just into a few. Each of these spaces had permissions that varied greatly.

Now when im moving these pages into the consolidated spaces, I wish to set certain permissions on pages, that propogate to all sub-pages. As far as I can see, when setting page restrictions, this doesnt propogate to sub pages.

Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

Hi astro,

restrictions that are set on a page are being inherited by its subpages. Is taht what you wanted to know?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions

Cheers

Christian

Mark Nixon April 17, 2012

Lifesaver! For some reason previously permissions didnt propogate, but they are now. Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2012

I found that for some reasons, the permissions don't propogate immediately when you move pages (Confluence 3.4, I can't speak for 4.x). I don't know how they got fixed in our system, but I did re-index confluence shortly after the pages were moved.

Like Rolland_Vandersluis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events