How do you apply restrictions to sub-pages

Hi Guys,

Basic question I know, but help would be really appriciated!!

Im consolidating a lot of our content, and moving stuff that was in many spaces just into a few. Each of these spaces had permissions that varied greatly.

Now when im moving these pages into the consolidated spaces, I wish to set certain permissions on pages, that propogate to all sub-pages. As far as I can see, when setting page restrictions, this doesnt propogate to sub pages.

Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi astro,

restrictions that are set on a page are being inherited by its subpages. Is taht what you wanted to know?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Restrictions

Cheers

Christian

Lifesaver! For some reason previously permissions didnt propogate, but they are now. Thanks!

I found that for some reasons, the permissions don't propogate immediately when you move pages (Confluence 3.4, I can't speak for 4.x). I don't know how they got fixed in our system, but I did re-index confluence shortly after the pages were moved.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,901 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you