How do you add list of values to the DropDown List macro

Carrie Oviatt June 21, 2021

When I add the DropDown List macro, it adds the dropdown widget, but there are no pre-defined parameters where you can add the list of values for the drop-down.

I was directed to use the List and then embed a List Select within. But this will not work for the simple scenario of wanting a drop-down value selector in a single table cell....

1 answer

0 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Carrie Oviatt ,

We can suggest trying our app - Handy Macros for Confluence.

This addon provides the Handy Status macro that allows you to create predefined lists of statuses and easily switch them in page-view mode (within a table cell or not - it doesn't matter).

paulacruickshank February 28, 2024

That's not an especially helpful answer. I woprk for a very large global organisation that uses the Atlassian products. As an end user wanting a simple drop down field in a table, I cannot just embed a new addon function...

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Why not? If your organization is not open to 3rd party apps, it doesn't mean that all companies do the same. :)

So, as there were in 2021 and there still are no any solutions out-of-the-box (I think, that's why you've come here firsthand), why not to recommend a suitable app?

Please note that it is just a user Community, it is not a place to leave feature requests for Atlassian or smth.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events