Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload external attachments?

Polly Nuth February 2, 2016

In the version 1.4.2 of the External Attachments add-on on Confluence 5.8.14, I am unable to upload an external attachment.

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 1.36.45 PM.png

In the above screenshot, if I were to enter a "Name" and a URL to a publicly shared (no sign in required) document on OneDrive, pressing the "Upload" button does nothing and "Insert" stays grayed out.

How do I attach external documents to a Confluence page?

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Dragging the files onto the Confluence page is generally less problematic than any other method.

Polly Nuth February 3, 2016

How do I drag a remote file that is being referenced by a URL into a Confluence page?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

You mentioned OneDrive. Just open your OneDrive folder and drag the file onto the Confluence page.

Keep in mind that neither the attach dialog nor the drag method will maintain a connection to the external file. A version of the file will now reside within Confluence and be completely disconnected from the file in OneDrive.

Polly Nuth February 3, 2016

That defeats the purpose of using the external attachment add-on.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

Did you try the Get a link option in the Share dialog, to generate a URL to paste into the URL field?

Polly Nuth February 4, 2016

Per my original post, I've tried entering the URL (no sign in required) that was obtained from OneDrive. When I press the "Upload" button, it does nothing.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2016

Have you tried contacting the developer: support@decoy.sk?

Polly Nuth February 4, 2016

I have and have not gotten a response yet (been about 2 days).

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

Have you tried adding https://onedrive.live.com to the Whitelist?

Polly Nuth February 8, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 12.56.07 PM.png

Not exactly sure where the "white list" is, but I am able to configure an "external server" under the configuration for the External Application add-on.  This is not ideal since a username is required.

At any rate, adding the external server doesn't make a difference.  

Attaching/uploading an external attachment still does not work.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

I'm talking about the Confluence Whitelist:

Gear -> General configuration -> Whitelist (in the USERS & SECURITY area)

Polly Nuth February 8, 2016

Not sure if whitelisting helped.

I added the url and tested ok.  I enabled both outgoing and incoming.

I attempted to add an external attachment and it still doesn't do anything when I click on attach/upload.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

[Shrugs] It was worth a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events