How do I share custom filters? Edited

With the latest set if "improvements" rolled out, I noticed that it's no longer possible to "Share" filters from the "Save As" option.  
(Cloud version, admin level permissions)

Any tips on how to make that possible again would be much appreciated.  

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You now need to go to Manage Filters -> Edit Filter Details

How do you find manage filters in the new UI?

I am struggling to share filters at all; coming from this ticket https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Unable-to-share-a-filter/qaq-p/679466 I was hoping to find a solution.

Same thing as in the ticket above: I have admin privilegues and the following permissions are set:

Permissions:

I am a member of Jira-administrators, and Jira-developers. In addition, I have verified both these groups have the "Create Shared Objects" global permission, as verified in System -> Global Permissions.

When I create a filter, save it, edit it there is no way for me to set groups/users etc. as those drop-down (in area Add Shares) are loaded for 1 mili-second and then hidden, screenshot attached.

Funny thing: a colleague next to me with exact same permissions has the ability to share filters, please advise!

Share_filter.png

It's not the permission to share that is the problem, it is not being able to get to it because the page has vanished.

This is something your browser is doing.  Is your browser a supported one for this version of Jira?  Could you try a different browser, or the current one with "safe mode" enabled?  (All plugins disabled)

Hi, many thanks for pointing this out, indeed UBlock Origin was causing this issue, so the issue is resolved!

This widget could not be displayed.

"Manage filters" was moved to "View all filters" in the new UI. You should find it there.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 30, 2018 in Confluence

How Manon Soubies-Camy uses Confluence + Trello to organize webinar notes and her knitting stash

@Manon Soubies-Camy is an engineer who has been an avid Atlassian user since 2014. She helps companies of all sizes transform the way they work with the Atlassian stack, including Jira and Confl...

861 views 8 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you