How do I migrate some plug ins from server to Atlassian cloud

Aadhar Lamichhane April 26, 2022

I want to know if its possible to migrate from on premises server to the Atlassian cloud. I am not sure about the vendors of the list provided below:

JIRA Plugins

RB Supplier - Core 1.4.1
RB Support - Core 1.5.1

Confluence Plugins

JIRA Suite Utilities 1.5.4
Atlassian Chaperone 2.0.4
Atlassian Client Resource 1.2.2
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Instance Health Plugin 2.5.6
Atlassian Pocketknife API Commons Plugin 0.21.0
Atlassian Timed Promise Plugin 1.0.16
JIRA Working Hours Plugin 1.5.10
jira-email-processor-plugin 1.0.38
Support Healthcheck Plugin 2.3.0
Support Tools Plugin 4.0.2

and I want to know about the below two questions:

1.Are the above plugins in the Atlassian cloud too? If so what are the vendor's name?

2. Is it possible to migrate the data/settings too? 

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Aadhar Lamichhane Welcome to Community.

For a first stop, I would recommend checking out all the resources in the Migration Center: https://www.atlassian.com/migration

You will need to assess each app independently, to see if the vendor provides a Cloud version, if the Cloud version provides the same feature set you need (due to the differences in the architecture of on premise and cloud version of Jira and Confluence this is not always the case), and you'll need to check what can be migrated automatically with the app and what you'll need to do manually.

Another good resource is to connect with your local Atlassian Community since there are often events dedicated to talking about migration. 

Aadhar Lamichhane April 27, 2022

Thank you for the reply. 
Actually I have tried to search for those plug ins separately but couldn't find the vendors. So I wasn't able to know whether I could migrate those plug ins from server to cloud. 
If you could recommend me how to find those vendors I would be more than happy.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Are you on the latest version of Confluence and Jira Server? Apps haven't been called plugins for a while, so it might be some older modules. RB Supplier is not listed on the Marketplace, so I'm going to assume it was retired a while ago.

If you feel like you're getting in over your head, you might want to contact a Solution Partner to help you with the migration. They can start off by helping clean up your existing instances to get them ready for a migration. 

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

Hi I believe it depends if they are both server and cloud as well. Just check them out on Marketplace under Support, regarding your seconds question. I am not certain about the data.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events