Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insert a non breaking space?

Henric Linden September 19, 2012

How do I insert a non breaking space using the Confluence editor? I use version 4.2.2.

In older versions (3.x.x) it was possible to switch to markup mode and insert   but markup mode is no longer available.

Regards,

Henric

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 19, 2012

From the toolbar click Insert, then select Symbol. The no-break space is the first symbol. A bit difficult to see since, for obvious reasons, you can't see it.

Irina Mokrushina March 21, 2016

Thank you!

Like Siarhei Krukau likes this
Clemens Bieg May 20, 2016

Insert, Symbol, no-break space inserts a normal space for me, not a  . But inserting an ampersand does insert an &. Has anyone else encountered this?

Like David Wallace likes this
David Wallace June 17, 2021

Yeah, this answer doesn't work at all.  It inserts an ordinary space, not a non-breaking one.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2021

Does Ctrl+Shift+Space work?

David Wallace June 17, 2021

No, Ctrl-Shift-Space does not work.  Nor does Alt-0160.

The only thing I found that would work is to open Microsoft Word, type a non-breaking space there, then copy-paste it across to Confluence.  This gets tedious after a while.

Juergen Schwarz October 18, 2021

This feature was lost with the event of the "New Editor" before 2021. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67367 for a feature request to add it there again.

4 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2012

Use the "Insert Wiki Markup" dropdown in the editor to add your   ...

Juergen Schwarz October 18, 2021

This feature is also lost with the event of the "New Editor" before 2021. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67367 for a feature request to add it there again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events