How do I export a Gliffy from Confluence?

jopakent February 6, 2018

I’ve got drawings that were created using the Gliffy editor in Confluence.

I need to get the source file so that I can make revisions and bring it into our content management system.

Is there a way to export a Gliffy file to something I can import to Visio? I tried downloading the Export Gliffy to PDF Pluggin, but I’m not getting anywhere with the resulting “.rar” file.

Looking through proposed solutions, nothing seems to be matching my use case…

Can you point me in the right direction. I’d hate to have to re-author these diagrams.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hey,

Visio should recognise SVG format, can you try exporting your Gliffy into SVG following instructions on Exporting Diagrams page?

You can export to PDF too, but for better quality, you are boffer of printing into PDF rather than exporting, using print dialogue.

Hope this helps

Igor

3 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Download the Gliffy file, drag and drop into a blank editor at https://app.diagrams.net/?splash=0, then after import, File->Export As->.vsdx and load that .vsdx in Visio.

Deleted user March 11, 2020

Thanks a lot for this howto...works fine !

Brian Fors August 30, 2021

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Chris Kat November 16, 2022

Awesome, worked perferctly for me also, thank you!

0 votes
Jesse Wolfe November 6, 2020

You can export the diagrams as JSON. Edit the diagram, right mouse on a blank space in the diagram and select "View Source...". Then click Select. Then Control C to copy and then you can paste it in a json file and check it into SVN if you like. Not terribly fun to get it back into Gliffy but it is possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events