How do I edit the email template for personal tasks?

Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

I would like to edit the email notification that is sent when users try to see their personal tasks after the 5.5+ upgrade. The email subject is:

"[confluence] Your personal tasks have moved"

Where is this template located and/or how can I modify the content of the email?

I am familiar with editing the other templates... for the core plug-in, shares, mentions, etc. I simply cannot find the template that generates this email.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

It's actually in the i18n translation file. You could download the translation file for your language and then edit the file and upload it into confluence. When you download the file you get it in a .jar format which is really just a .zip file renamed to .jar. So, rename it to .zip and then extract the contents of the file. Using the below screen shot you should be able to find the spot to make the change. Then just re zip the file  rename it to .jar an upload it into Confluence. This probably won't survive upgrades, so you would need to keep that in mind.

image2014-11-12 12:14:2.png

Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Thank you so much! I didn't actually want to change the i18n stuff, but refactor the whole email to remove the task list and provide alternate instructions. Your screen shot led me to the correct plug-in jar and I found the right .soy template for the email. Again, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events