How do I delete ONLY a child page?

Tom Regner July 9, 2014

I can find nothing about deleting unwanted child pages in the documentation. How is it done?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

Go to the page you want to delete and in the tools menu at the bottom should be the delete item. This is a permission that must be granted to the user/group, so if you don't see the option then you do not have delete permissions.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Is this what you were lookng for?

Tom Regner July 14, 2014

Yes, that seems to be the case. I don't get a "Delete" option, but I do get a "Remove" option (perhaps the difference in the browser interface, or perhaps because I'm on a Mac). But that works on pages that I own. It seems a little odd that I would have write permissions and can ADD a page (even by mistake), but then cannot remove it once I discover the error. Thanks for the information, Davin!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2014

Yeah, add and delete permissions are separate in Confluence you can have one without the other. As far as it saying remove that should be the same thing. I think that is what it used to be called in previous versions. Feel free to mark the question as answered if this meets your needs. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events