It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create an anchor link in a template?

Barry McConnell Jan 08, 2018

I have created a template for a user story page and need to add a link at the top to take the user to a specific anchor near the bottom of the page so they don't have to scroll. I want to use an anchor at the bottom and create a clickable link at the top.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jan 08, 2018

You will have to create the anchor as usual but copy and paste the link to it from another page. We have a bug report open and that's the workaround. Please see Not able to link text to an anchor on a template page. I hope your template can be completed based on the workaround, but please let me know if you run into trouble.

Another gotcha is this note from Anchors:

Templates: When you are previewing a template, a link to an anchor is displayed as a 'broken' link. However, when you create a page using the template the resulting page will have the correct link.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

940 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you