How do I create an anchor link in a template?

I have created a template for a user story page and need to add a link at the top to take the user to a specific anchor near the bottom of the page so they don't have to scroll. I want to use an anchor at the bottom and create a clickable link at the top.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jan 08, 2018

You will have to create the anchor as usual but copy and paste the link to it from another page. We have a bug report open and that's the workaround. Please see Not able to link text to an anchor on a template page. I hope your template can be completed based on the workaround, but please let me know if you run into trouble.

Another gotcha is this note from Anchors:

Templates: When you are previewing a template, a link to an anchor is displayed as a 'broken' link. However, when you create a page using the template the resulting page will have the correct link.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,147 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you