Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a gantt chart based on a set of child pages with start and end dates?

Toby Bradford August 11, 2017

I am creating a space to help manage some ongoing initiatives where each initiative would have a page dedicated to track status and progression of the initiative. Each initiative page will have a start and end date.

I'd like to be able to create a parent page that collates all of the children pages in a table of contents as well as having a gantt chart that simply shows all of those pages visually over a period of time. 

Is this doable in confluence? To be clear none of this is driven out of Jira or integrated with Jira as I've seen a bunch of content talking about gantt charts based on Jira information. 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Hello Toby,

Yes, it is possible to do in confluence. The best way to do this is:

1. Use Page Properties and Page Properties Report macro combination to collect all the data you want from many pages in a one page. Just place a table with start and end dates inside a Page Properties macro on each page with initiative. Add some label to this page. On the main page put Page Properties Report macro with this label - it will collect all this tables in a one table.
  2. Wrap Page Properties Report macro with Chart from Table maro (Table Filter and Charts add-on), select Gantt chart type, set date format, choose initiative name in Label Columns and start and end date in Values Columns.
Toby Bradford August 11, 2017

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events