Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I attach an existing space file (PowerPoint) into a new page?

Brian Wilson July 8, 2014

I'm trying to create a new page inside of a space that includes a PowerPoint presentation (specifically the preview) that has already been included in our space via the File List blueprint. The problem I'm running into is that I'm unable to find a macro that will let me access this file specifically, and worse, it seems the only solution is to attach a second copy of this file. The best I can find is the ability to create a text link to the file, but then I lose the impact of having the preview embedded as part of this new page.

Could someone point me in the right direction here?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brian Wilson July 8, 2014

I was finally able to figure this out, so I wanted to share the solution. I kept looking for ways to treat it as just any other file or some sort of "Add Existing File" dialog or macro. Instead, it's very specifically done through the PowerPoint macro.

1. Add the Office PowerPoint macro
  2. In the related dialog, enter the page the file is currently attached to in the "Page Name" field.
  3. Once added, the next filed should now populate with related files.
  4. Click "Insert"
  5. Enjoy that sweet, sweet PowerPoint.
Lisa Clist April 15, 2015

This no longer seems to work. It either only lets you select attachments from the existing page, or tells you there are no relevant attachments.

0 votes
Stephanie Arnaud July 9, 2014

Hi Brian!

I just noticed your question and would like to give you another solution, additionally to the one you provided above.

Type "!" in your Confluence page, and start typing the name of your file. Confluence will search within files in other pages. Once you've found it, just press "Enter" and your powerpoint will be automatically added using the powerpoint macro. This way you just have to remember the name of the file but not the name of the page it's in, which might be easier.

Cheers!

Stephanie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events