Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access/view the source code of a page?

Angie Elliott February 12, 2020

How do I access/view the source code of a page?

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

Hi Angie - There's a menu option named "View Storage Format".  That will show you the XHTML source.

Learn more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-storage-format-790796544.html

Angie Elliott February 12, 2020

Thank you!

Next question please: While I can view the source code now, I can't edit it. Is that a permissions thing or does Confluence no longer allow you to edit at the source code level. I have been away from Confluence for only a year but it seems a lot of things have changed.

Thanks for your help!

-angie

Like # people like this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

You can not change the storage format. 

There are a few plugins for that: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=html%20editor

Regards, 

Dominic

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2020

Another option is to use the Confluence CLI to download and upload the source using the getPageSource and storePage actions.

FYI: I'm the product manager for the Bob Swift Confluence CLI.

Like Rafael Villabona likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events