How compare draft against published version

Kim Abbott September 6, 2018

I have a draft on a page that I want to see how those changes compare with the current published version of the page, since changes have been made to the published version since I started my draft. 

The help on this isn't accurate (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/drafts-149040.html#Drafts-Discardingunpublishedchanges).  Re: the second bullet point, there is no  ... > View changes in editor mode.

Is this not possible outside a "stare and compare"?  I've seen the same request against Jira from multiple sources, so this is not a unique ask.

2 answers

0 votes
Saleem Vellekkat November 29, 2020

On the newer version of confluence cloud, there is a "View changes" option available. That will show all unpublished changes. Its there in the three dots (...) on the top right corner of the page. I think you will have to be in the edit page to see that option, though. 

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 11.21.22 AM.png

Kim Abbott November 30, 2020

If you read the original post you'll see that we don't have such a Publish button nor the ellipses.

Like Richard Haven likes this
0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

Hey Kim, 

There's an elipsis menu on the bottom right to view changes when you're in editing mode on the draft screen. Changes should all be highlighted and visible. Are you able to see this?

2018-09-06_16-49-21.png 

Kim Abbott September 10, 2018

So that's not what I see.  I'm on version 6.5.2, and this is what I see:

Confluence-edit.png

Christian Passarge October 31, 2018

At the bottom of the editor, you should see a "Changes saved" link (it's left to the "Notify Watchers" checkbox); mouse over it to see the actual link. Click the link to see all the differences between your unpublished changes and the actual page.  

(Disclaimer: That’s how it is v6.8.2.)

Draft_Diff.jpg 

Ronny_Gloden August 4, 2019

I'm on Confluence version 6.10.1 and I am not seeing either of these options available to me in the GUI.  Online help indicates there should be a "..." > "View Changes" but it isn't visible.  Is there a configuration option that needs to be enabled?

Also my page controls looks like Kim's, e.g. the page has a SAVE button vs UPDATE or PUBLISH, in case there is something which can be inferred from that.

Like Kim Abbott likes this
Ken Williams July 14, 2020

I'm using self-hosted Confluence 6.15.4, and I see no such stuff either.  Here's what mine looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 12.16.46 PM.png

It seems like the only way to see the differences would be to save/publish the changes, then diff the new & previous versions, but I don't want to do that because I don't know what changes I'd be publishing until it's somewhat too late.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events