Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i make certain Confluence Questions space bound?

Marc Mast March 19, 2015

How can I make confluence Questions spacebound instead of available to everyone?

what I have tried: I followed this guide: link, asked a questions in my space, but then saw that question on the general Confluence questions (even users who didn't had access to the space saw it and it contents.

confluence version: 5.6.6

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2015

Hi Marc,

To build on what @Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian] said, have you looked at the latest (v2.x) version of Confluence Questions? Here's an excerpt of the description of this release:

"In this release we've tackled our highest voted feature request - giving you more control over who can see your questions by adding questions to spaces.

Sometimes a question only relates to one team or project or it might contain private information that shouldn't be visible to everyone. Adding questions to spaces keeps your questions secure, relevant, and organized."

This version was just released earlier this month so not sure you saw it? See more details at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions

Cheers,

Tom

Andrew Kosiarski April 10, 2015

Hey @Tom Crespi, I may be missing something, but it seems that the default setting is that when a question is added in a given space, it's still added in the overall instance-wide Questions area. Is there a way to distinguish which questions should remain only in the space in which they're asked?

Alexander Wegener June 16, 2015

I would be interested in this too

1 vote
Marc Mast March 24, 2015

Thanks, clear answers. Getting to update friday

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Hello Marc, you may use permissions to assign which users have access to Questions today. Though for a more granular control over who can see which question, we advise reviewing this suggestion ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events