How can i import my Data from Confluence Evaluation Version to Confluence Full Version?

Hi there,

can i import my data from my existing Confluence Evaluation Version to a Full Version?

In my Admin area is the function "save Confluence data" deactivated and it can't be activated.

Thanks a lot for helping

Regarts Fabian

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Fabian,

Based on how much stuff you have created in your evaluation instance and how much of that should be migrated there are different routes to take.

If the amount of data (i.e. spaces) is manageble I would suggest you move space by space.

With this approach you can be selective what you migrate.

You move a space by:

1. Goto space in evaluation instance
  2. In Space Admin section (Advanced tab), select XML Export
  3. Save the XML-file to your local computer
  4. Goto your production instance
  5. In Confluence Admin section, select Backup & Restore
  6. Under the "Upload and restore a site/space backup" section upload your XML-file and restore it.
  7. Done!
  8. You may have to verify that the Space categories are correct. If you have configured your prod environment similar to your evaluation environment this should not be an issue, though.

If you want to migrate the whole she-bang you should follow this instruction: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers

Then your production envirenment will be an identical copy of your evaluation environment.

Hope that helped!

// Svante

Hi Svante,

helped me a lot!

Thank you very much!

Regarts Fabian

Glad to help!

Please, mark the answer as accepted if you like.

Rgrds,

// Svante

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,716 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you