How can I tell which page an attached file is attached to?

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

I have a link to an attachment, but don't know which page it is attached to. For example, a month or so ago, I added a PDF to a page, and copied the hard-wired link somewhere else:

http://myserver/confluence/download/attachments/8880142/install.pdf

How can I tell which page this file is actually attached to?

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

Hi Matthew,

the number at the end "8880142" is the page ID. So you can do two different things:

1) Search for the filename in the wiki-global-search

2) call up following url : <yourserver>/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=<pageid>

Josch

0 votes
Nica Huestegge June 26, 2012

If you search for the Filename or some Keywords of the file, you'll find the file in the search. In the search you'll be given the path to the file which shows you the page it's attached to. See picture.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2012
Hi Matthew,

have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Viewing+Attachment+Details

Maybe you can find your attachment in the attachment list

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2012

Hi Matthew,

search after special keywords from the pdf. PDFs are indexed also. If the word is special enough, you should find it.

Cheers

Thomas

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

that's a great idea if I didn't know where the attachment was... I have the link to it, just no idea what page it's attached to. The search results show the PDF but not it's associated page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events