Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I switch from classic view to mobile view? (on a mobile device)

Ignacio Munguia June 10, 2014

The mobile interface of Confluence offers the option to switch to 'classic' view (which might be better for tablet users, for instance) on the footer. However, from classic view there's no way to switch back to mobile, and when logging in again, it will start again in classic by default. Is there any way to switch back to mobile from classic?

NB: I'm aware that you have a link to the mobile version from 'desktop view', but 'classic view' is different.

5 answers

1 vote
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2014

Heya Ignacio,

To switch the view of Confluence mobile, we should choose the menu icon , then choose the version that you want to switch.

If you are not able to do it yet, please, try to opemn a new support ticket, so we could help you to achieveve the request that you're looking for and check if this could be related to an issue.

Hope it helps ya!

Cheers,

Giu

Ignacio Munguia June 11, 2014

Hi Giuliano, unfortunately that doesn't work. While being in classic view and clicking that icon I have the option 'switch to desktop version', but not to mobile. If I switch to desktop, and then to mobile, I'll be redirected to classic again, so the mobile version remains out of my reach.

0 votes
Aromal Chentharakshan - McF July 5, 2017

Easy hack. Access the url with this pattern

https://<domain-name>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/<ticket-number>

eg: https://xyz.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/ABC-1001

Alex Chan July 31, 2017

Wait really? I'm having this issue too and this is annoying :( 

0 votes

I'm still facing this issue. No way to switch to mobile view.

garyw July 5, 2017

Try clearing the cache of the browser on the mobile device.

Thanks, Got it resolved. But it is really sad that we have no direct way to switch to mobile view.

0 votes
Gary Williams August 27, 2015

use incognito mode.

0 votes
Parker Tilley August 2, 2014

I was looking at a similar issue and noticed the same issue. My solution for iPhone once in desktop view and trying to revert back to mobile was to manually edit the url. From a long url of one of my wiki pages, i started back at the top, ending in sitename.atlassian.net. Then I saw the top hat "you are viewing the desktop version ... Switch to Confluence Mobile.". Once I tapped that, I was back in mobile view. In other words, I think the switching back option only displays -- at least from what I found after trying it for 20 minutes -- on certain top-level pages once you're already in the mobile view on a mobile device.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events