How can I send text from IFFFT to Jira Issue in Epic Link field

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso April 13, 2022

I'm creating a issue jira from confiform in Confluence, but I wish send some text like "Practica del servicio" to Epic Link field, I know that this field has 10006 id custom field, however I could not send this text to the mentioned field

"customfield_10006": ["Practica del servicio"],

Is it correct?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

I dont think an epic field in Jira is an array.. as this is what you have, when declaring it with [] around

See

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/update-epic-link-via-rest-api-779158615.html

And you need to pass a key, I think

"customfield_10006": "MDAR-238",

Alex 

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso April 14, 2022

Thanks @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ I will try with your observations, I hope that with this change ir works well...

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso April 19, 2022

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ thanks a lot!!! it works!!!

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

@Gustavo Ortega Reynoso 

To my knowledge an epic link requires the existence of an Epic of the same name. As such, can you confirm that the Epic with this Epic link already exists in Jira?

Regards

Gustavo Ortega Reynoso April 13, 2022

Hi Ismael, Yes, in Jira I have registered the Epic "Practica del servicio" and the epic key of this epic is "MDAR-238", I guess that maybe I have to send the Epic Key (MDAR-238) in place of the epic name (Practica del servicio).

Thanks for your answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events