How can I open confluence blog posts in new tabs

I recently came back from vacation and need to read through all internal blog posts that was written during my absence. To do this I now need to 
1: Go to the main blog page 
2: Click first blog post I haven't read and wait for it to load
3: Read the content and check if it is relevant to me.
4: Go back to main blog page, wait for it to load and scroll down to find the next unread post
4b: Click "More" on the bottom of the page if not all unread posts fit on a page (In this case they don't)
5: Repeat step 2 - 4 around 20-30 times.

Can we somehow treat the links to the blogposts as actual links somehow?  I would like to do the following
1: Go to the main blog page 
2: Middle/CMD/CTRL + click the first unread blogpost to open a new tab with the content in the background
3: Repeat until all unread posts are in new tabs
4: Read post and close tabs one after each other.

1 answer

This is not exactly as you want.

In your email settings, do you subscribe to Blog Posts?  Then you get an email for each new Blog and hence you will know which ones have come in during your absence.

You can also insert the <<Blog post>> macro on a page and configure its time parameters

I do subscribe to blog posts and that was the best solution this time, but then I had to filter out all blog post from other things from confluence. So it worked but wasn't optimal. Just wished actual links was used for links. That makes a lot of sense in my world...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

960 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you