Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move multiple Confluence spaces to a different instance and preserve cross-space links?

Gordon Kotik February 23, 2016

Hi,

I have two Confluence Server instances both running 5.8.6

I'd like move a set of spaces from instance A to instance B. The spaces to be moved contain cross-space links. After the move, I'd like those links to target the new versions of the spaces, in instance B.

Example: I have spaces S1 and S2 in instance A, and a page in S1 contains a link to a page in S2. After I move S1 and S2 to instance B, I want that link to target the S2 page in instance B, not the S2 page in instance A.

I have used export/import to move spaces between instances, but I haven't tried moving multiple spaces with cross-space links before. What happens to a cross-space link when you move a space to a new instance?

Thanks, Gordon

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

It depends on how you created the links - if the links are space/page links and you move both spaces the links should work, but if you used weblinks with absolute urls they'll still point to instance A and in that case you should do a bulk update of the links either directly in the database or use some add-on to iterate and bulk update the pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events