How can I make calender entries only display the What field and not the description?

Larry Carter August 8, 2017

I'm using the calendar widget on my confluence page to track what my team is working on.   The What field is the summary item that I want to display on the calendar track and the description has additional technical details.

The calendar entries display the first line (or so) of the description and then the What entry.   I don't want the description to display on the calendar entries at all, the description can be displayed by clicking on the entry as needed.   So right now my calendar entries look very clutered and hard to read.

Any ideas on how to change this?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

We have a request open to allow more customization of Team Calendar events: Allow custom fields to be configured for events. It's a publicly facing bug tracker so you can communicate directly with the development team by commenting and voting on the ticket.

Currently there is no way to configure which fields show on the calendar. Some of the event types (like Travel) don't have a description field; it sounds like you want to use that field but just not display it, which is understandable.

When I choose the event type "Events" I noticed it only displays the "What" field. Could you use that event type? Here is a screenshot to make sure I am understanding correctly:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 2.13.38 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events