Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I hide in confluence in-jira-decactivated users from displaying in "People" page?

Jens Knobloch June 15, 2015

Hi,

I have a quite big user directory in Jira. Many of these user (not the majority) have never logged in. So I would set them on 'disabled', and thats ok, so far.

However, I want to use this JIRA user directory in Confluence, and this works already. I have the problem, that any confluence user can see all the people from JIRA user directory. Unfortunely, 'all' means the disabled (deactivated) user as well. So, that's confusing to active users in confluence: they can see people's names probably never heard and read before.
So, how can I hide these disabled (deactivated) user from showing in confluence all people page?

Thanks & regards,

Jens K.

2 answers

2 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2015

Hi Jens,

Did you try removing the confluence-users(or any confluence related) group from those deactivated users?
After that you could synchronise the Jira's directory again in Confluence's user directories settings.

Cheers, 

1 vote
Jens Knobloch July 24, 2015

Hi Guilherme,

thank you for your answer.

These user were set to in-activate and ain't member of any group in JIRA (Some of them were never a member of any JIRA groups). Despite of that I see all these people in confluence: '/browsepeople.action?startIndex' .

That's weird and confusing me as well as the rest of the active users.

cheers,

jenskn.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events