Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have my private Confluence pages not listed in tickets?

Takuma Yoshitani November 25, 2018

When I add a link to a JIRA ticket in my confluence page, my page will be automatically linked to the ticket appearing in the "mentioned in" section. It's ok if the page is in public, but when it's in my private space, I don't want it to appear in the section because I don't want anyone else to know about the existence of the page.

Is there any setting or something to turn off the automatic linking for private pages? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018

Hi @Takuma Yoshitani,

if the Confluence page is restricted so that only you can view it, the Jira issue won’t show the title of the page. It will just show that some page that mentioned this issue exists. Like this:
Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 08.59.12.png

Screenshot was taken from here: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/VSN-1828.

Or is your intention to not have this mention on the Jira issue at all?

Roman.

Takuma Yoshitani December 4, 2018

Hi @roman,

Thanks for your answer.

Or is your intention to not have this mention on the Jira issue at all?

Yes, I don't want this mention to appear on the JIRA issues at all.

roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

As far as I know the only way to not have those mentions is to not connect Confluence and Jira with application links.

Roman.

arnisjuraga April 13, 2022

I think this is not the case in Jira Data Center. Or it depends from Jira/Confluence versions? In my Data Center case - if I just copy Jira ticket link into my private Confluence page, this will automatically show up as linked item in Jira Ticket with a title of my confluence page. 

Users will not be able to open my page (it will show dialog for sending access request to me) but still - my page's Title will be publicly shown in Jira ticket linked section

UPDATE: if you open confluence page, on the top there is notification which shows exactly where this confluence page is linked to. At least, you can go to each of these location and remove link manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events