It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I get past Confluence's failure to properly link to an URL with apostrophe?

Deleted user Nov 11, 2013

Here's one on the actual Confluence web site: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Can't+Link+to+Local+Files+from+within+Confluence

If I try to link to that in MY company's Confluence pages, the URL gets cut off starting at the apostrophe.

Is there a way to escape this? Also, this sucks.

Version: 5.1

I'd file a bug but apparently I'm not one of the anointed.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

thats interesting, I did not know that is possible at all. You could try coding the ' as % value (%20 = Space, etc)

Deleted user Nov 14, 2013

I tried that, first thing I thought of. But no luck.

Deleted user Nov 18, 2013

You are correct. This is confirmed as a bug on Atlassian's web site. Your workaround will work, replacing the apostrophe in the link (but not the text) with the string: %27

0 votes
Deleted user Nov 18, 2013

Seriously, no documentation for how to do this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Introducing Confluence Cloud and Jira Software Cloud Premium

Wherever you are in your team’s journey , our goal is to support your big ambitions. We’re a cloud-first company with the mission of unleashing the potential of every team, and to address the range ...

654 views 4 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you