How can I get access to edit a page?

sarah ammoura March 14, 2022

I am trying to modify content on an existing Confluence page but I don't have access or any EDIT button to do so. I asked the IT service desk but they told me to send a request here and my administrator is on vacation so I wanted to get the right to edit as soon as possible. What steps should I take?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

@sarah ammoura Welcome to Confluence!

Only Site and Confluence Admins can grant access and update/edit permissions for users across the instance. Space Owners or Page Creators may be able to give you permission to the specific page you are looking to edit. You can see the page creator on the page itself, or Space Owner under the Space Settings on the sidebar.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@sarah ammoura please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future.

Thank you.

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

@sarah ammoura,

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

If you are space owner/Page Creator or confluence administrator then you can do it by your self like bellow. if not then you need to ask confluence admin or space/page owner to give you edit permission

Edit Page.png

Accept the answer if it helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events