How can I delete the page without visiting it?

Hi,all!

I can't go to the page (i guess it has some mistakes). How can I delete this page without visiting it?

Thnx :)

2 answers

1 accepted

You can use the Confluence Command Line Interface removePage action. Another option is to go to another page and look at the link that is produced for tools -> remove page. Copy/paste and replace the page id with the page id of the page you want to delete. You need the page id of the bad page - query the contents table to get that or run something like:

--action getPageList --space spacekey --title "bad page" --children --outputFormat 2

By the way, you might want to use getPageSource first to save the page data.

Good advice! thank you!

Another option is to use the {link-to} macro from the Linking Page. In that case, you just need the page name. Just add it to another page somewhere in Confluence (in the same Space is the simplest) like so:

{link-to:page remove|page=Name Of Page I Want To Remove}Remove Bad Page{link-to}

Then, just follow the link, and it will ask you to confirm you want to delete the page. Say 'Yes', and you're good to go.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

366 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you