How can I customize a great looking interface for Intranet use with Confluence?

Angelica Isaksson October 26, 2015

Dear Atlassians,

We recently purchased Confluence and we are now in the process of setting up an Intranet.

I would like to have a better looking interface and I am wondering how you can go about changing the layout, if it is possible to change the look completely?

Nicer colours, maybe tabs, a background photo is some of the ideas we have. Are there themes for this, or can we pass this onto our IT department for them to customize it?

3 answers

0 votes
Christine Bork July 11, 2018

Hi there,

Basic designs can be changed and improved by using certain standard Confluence functions. Maybe you want to watch some of the videos of our Video Tutorial Series „Learn Atlassian Confluence“:

The Linchpin Theme Plugin is a very cool option to give your Confluence site a fully individualized look and feel.

This is a very short video about the Linchpin Theme Plugin and here you can find the full documentation here on this page.

Or just check it out on the Marketplace.

Don’t miss to also take a look at the rest of Linchpin, the social intranet solution based 100% on Atlassian Confluence.

0 votes
Jared Dohrman [Design Industries]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

Hi @Angelica Isaksson,

In addition to Nic's comment, two theme add-on's I would recommend would be Refined Wiki or Brikit 

Thanks,

Jared - Design Industries

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2015

There's also Adaptavist's Theme Builder, which gives you a huge amount of flexibility, but no real off-the-shelf themes. Give Refined and Brikit a go first, but if their predefined themes (with options) aren't enough, you'll need to look at TB.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2015

You can do some stuff off-the-shelf (look for Admin -> Look and feel)

But have a look in the marketplace for "themes" - Confluence has support for multiple themes in it (you can theme everything the same, or do it on a space-by-space basis), and there are loads on the marketplace.

For heavy customisation, look for the theme editors though !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events