How can I create a link to a specific category of the space directory?

Mutsumi Kogawa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2013

In the welcome message on the dashboard, I'm trying to create links to categories in the space directory so that with just one click the user can jump to the directory of the spaces under the requested cagegory.

The problem is that the categories displayed on the space directory don't have links associated to each category. Therefore all I can do is to make a link on the dashboard and send the user to the space directory where all spaces are listed and not categorized.

Is there any way I can create a link to a specific category of the space directory?

3 answers

1 vote
Larry Wilson October 25, 2016

Any fixes out there? Any other way to get this to work?

James Perry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2018

Such a simple function - surely there should be a fix for this?

0 votes
Bernhard Peissl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2021

How about:

https://<conf-host>/spacedirectory/view.action?selectedSpaceCategory=<category-name>

i took the link from the overview tab in "space tools" where you assign the space categories.

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Instead of linking to the space directory you can use the "list-spaces" macro and in the teams text input put the category. Should show only the spaces with that category/label

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013
The space list macro has been broken since 4.1. Trying to select any category but the default results in a malformed link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events