Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a decision page in a specific location ?

David April 6, 2017

In the Meeting-Notes blueprint, upon creation of the page, you can click on the label icon to assign it a label and on the location icon to assign it a location.

This is useful if you do not want all your notes pages to be listed in the left side menu. It prevents it from being clutered with unecessary files which you can access from within a listing page. It also looks "cleaner" for the users.

I usually create "container page" located on the root level so users enter 1 label + 1 location upon each meeting note.

This method is used for sub-areas of a project so areas don't get mixed up.

I would like to the same with decsions but there is no location button to click on. Moving the page after creation is not an option.

Any ideas ?

I use Conf v5.4.4

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2019

Hi @David ,

I tested this on my Cloud version, here's what I came up with:

• If I am on the main landing page of a space and I click the + to add a new page, then select the Decision template the page is created at the root of the space. 
  • If I click down into the left-nav menu to select a specific location in the space hierarchy and then click the + to create a and select the Decision template the new page is created in the selected  location.

Here are some screen grabs to illustrate:

Descision.JPGDescision 2.JPGDescision 3.JPG

Behavior may be different in your Sever version, I noticed there is at least one enhancement request to add the ability to change the location of the child page when you create it (see CONFSERVER-54218

Let me know if this does not work on your version, I'll ask some of the other Community Leaders with Server experience to chime in.

-Scott

David May 1, 2019

Hi Scott,

Just tested this and the behavior is the same. 

This is probably due to the fact that I have migrated to a newer version.

Issue resolved even though it would be nice to be able to choose the location upon creation and not having to be in the location to create a decision (or any blueprint).

Thanks,

DB

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2019

Hi @David ,

I was searching though the Community for another issue and came across your question. Were you ever able to get it resolved? I know it is long past time to be helpful for you, but if you figured it out perhaps you could post the solution to help others?

-Scott

David May 1, 2019

I have since migrated to v6.7 and still have no answer to this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events