How can I copy images from one page to another?

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Hi,

one of my collegues created a new page by copy & pasting contents from two other pages. Afterwards the problem was that the images in the new page disappeared as soon as he deleted the old pages.

I understand why this happens:

The images are still attached to the original pages and the linking gets broken when these pages are deleted.

But, knowing this, I still can't think of a better way of doing this.

1. I thought that downloading the images from the old pages, save them temporarily and then attach them to the new page would solve the problem, but that was not the case.
  2. I know that instead of copy & pasting the content, I could copy the whole page and then rename and remove it to my liking. But this doesn't work for me when I copy more than one page.

In the end, what I did was this:

I attached the images to the new page as described in (1.) Then I went through the new page, included all the images by hand, did all the adjustment for image size, etc. once again for every picture, checked that the old and the new image were the same, deleted the old pages, went back to the new page, saw that the images had become placeholders with an error message and then deleted these placeholders.

So, the point should be clear: Is there an easier way of doing this?

3 answers

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2016

This issue has been fixed in Confluence 5.9:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23332

0 votes
Cedric_DEVAUX March 2, 2015

Hi All,

I have exactly the same problem.

I copy/page images from another page to new and Confluence doesn't create new attachments but create a link form confluence source page and show the picture.

But I lost pictures when I delete the source page.

I tried with Firefox, Chrome and IE, I have the same issue.

Steffen, do you find a solution?

Thank you for your help.

Cedric_DEVAUX March 11, 2015

No idea?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2014

Try using the WebDAV plugin for this. It lets you work with Confluence as if it were a file system which makes operations like this pretty easy and fast.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events