How can I change my URL

Rodd June 22, 2017

Hi all,

I would like to change the URL on some of my pages. Can you please let me know how to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

To change the "friendly" url of a page, change the title of the page, or move it to another space 

That will not affect the pages "real" url (the one with the id) or the short url (that's based on the real one)

However, I suspect you're asking for something more than that relocation within Confluence.  Could you explain more?  Although I think Thomas has probably answered it.

Rodd June 23, 2017

Nic,

I'd actually like to change the URL of some of my child pages. The main URL and a few others reflect their titles but for some reason some pages do not.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

The answer to "change the url of some of my pages" remains the same - rename them and the friendly url will change.

My best guess without any more information is that you're referring to pages who's url is not friendly.  These are pages which are using their "real" url for some reason.  Probably that you've used punctuation in their titles that stops them from being rendered as friendly urls.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

Hi Rodd,

you can't set the URL of a Confluence page manually. Also I don't know of any plugin that is able to do that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events