How can I censor content on a Confluence page?

Is it possible to hide table cells and text within a paragraph on a Confluence page? Similar to the following:

The content would only be visible to certain users and exports would be restricted to the redacted/censored/sanitized copy.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

redaction-for-confluence 1120x548px Marketplace.png

Redaction for Confluence provides a more granular level of content visibility, enabling you to hide words or paragraphs within a page. Redacted content is not included in page exports or search results, ensuring that sensitive information stays private.

The only way I know to do this without writing some special code is to assemble the final page using include macros, and set permissions on the source pages according to your needs.  The restricted text would just not be part of the rendered page because of the user's permissions.  (You have to be careful to get formatting to work for users seeing only part of the content.)

The Secure Content plugin may solve this for you. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,095 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you