Hiding code from edit or view

Leona Vo June 8, 2022

Hi,

On my confluence page, I have Table Transformer with SQL codes that I want to protect. How can I prevent others from editing or viewing the SQL codes? Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Leona Vo ,

You may close the whole page for editing. If the user can't go to the edit mode, he/she won't be able to enter the Table Transformer macro settings.

Or you may close a separate page that contains only your Table Transformer macro and reuse the result table on another page with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macro. Your user will be able to edit all the content freely but only view the Table Excerpt Include macro. If he/she goes to the original page with the Table Excerpt macro, there will be no permissions to edit this page.

Leona Vo June 8, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ , thank you for your reply. I like the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include idea.

Looks like I need to ask admin to give me access to restrict page. Right now the default is unrestricted and I can not change the permission. Thanks for the quick response as always.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

Thank you for reaching out!

Indeed the Space/Confluence administrator will be able to assign the required permissions for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events