Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hiding code from edit or view

Leona Vo I'm New Here Jun 08, 2022

Hi,

On my confluence page, I have Table Transformer with SQL codes that I want to protect. How can I prevent others from editing or viewing the SQL codes? Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Leona Vo ,

You may close the whole page for editing. If the user can't go to the edit mode, he/she won't be able to enter the Table Transformer macro settings.

Or you may close a separate page that contains only your Table Transformer macro and reuse the result table on another page with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macro. Your user will be able to edit all the content freely but only view the Table Excerpt Include macro. If he/she goes to the original page with the Table Excerpt macro, there will be no permissions to edit this page.

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ , thank you for your reply. I like the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include idea.

Looks like I need to ask admin to give me access to restrict page. Right now the default is unrestricted and I can not change the permission. Thanks for the quick response as always.

Thank you for reaching out!

Indeed the Space/Confluence administrator will be able to assign the required permissions for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

315 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you