Hiding Archived Pages from the Global Wiki Search - How?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hello,

I'm sure I've read somewhere that there's a plugin or 'something' that we can use in Confluence that automatically precludes content that's in an archive space from appearing in the global search.

I'm sure you had the choice to do a normal search, and then add the archived space into the global search if you still hadn't found what you were looking for (do I have to pay U2 a license fee for saying that?).

I've checked the marketplace and there's nothing there that does this, in fact there's only one actual archiving tool, and that doesn't appear to do what I want.

Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2013

Hello Mick,

In Confluence you are able to archieve contents using the bundled features, following the steps inside Space Admin pane that have among others this features:

• By default, the pages and other content do not appear in the Confluence search results. If a Confluence site contains any archived spaces, the search screen will provide an option to include them in the search results.

More about this functionality can be seen at the application docs, here.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Guilherme,

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. :) Because I believed it was a plugin I didn't think to look in the documentation - doh!

I've followed the instructions and archived the Archive space. :)

Cheers.

Sami Moran January 12, 2014

Hello,

I have archived a space in Confluence 5.1. The documentation (quoted above) says the search screen will provide an option to include archived contents in the search results.

Where does this option show up? The documentation doesn't give details. I was expecting it might show up in the filters section of search results, but I don't see it there.

Any pointers to where this option is located?

Thanks!

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2014

Sami,

when you run a normnal search the Archived content isn't included.

However, on the results page, there is a filter under the Where options that allows you to include the archived content. All you have to do is select it.

Cheers.

Sami Moran January 12, 2014

Ah! got it. Thank you! Worked like a charm, too. ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events