Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a Confluence page?

Shawn in Van March 15, 2018

Hello all,

I have several Confluence page templates to help me rapidly build new pages but I don't want the template pages to appear in my TOCs or Children Displays. 

Is it possible to hide these template pages from the reader's view?

One Atlassian page recommends to move them to another space but that would be tremendously inconvenient. Ideally, I want to the templates to exist in same place where I will copy and edit them.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

You can restrict a page from view

And if that is what you'd like to do

just click this link

and in a blink

Page access will be locked to you

Thank you. That is exactly what I need. :)

David Pressley September 21, 2020

Can we get this answer as a haiku as well? 😀

Deleted user August 26, 2021

Here is a haiku
This link has useful info
To restrict page views

Like gijs verstraete likes this
2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

Confluence has actual page template functionality. You should use that if you can. If you go to Space Tools -> Content Tools there is a tab for creating page templates. Once you create a template and you click the create button you will be present with the option of creating a blank page or a page based on your template.

If for some reason you cannot do it that way you could go to Space tools -> Reorder pages and drag your template pages out of your main navigation ... meaning put them at the same level as you space home page.

Hello Davin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I am aware of the template option in Confluence but unless I am doing something wrong, the template option is either severely limited in function or it is buggy.

I say this because when I tested this feature, I couldn't save anything more than a few lines of text. I tried to copy/paste a duplicate of the page I want to use as a template - it employs macros (i.e. column and excerpt) and icon images. After I paste the page into the template, if I preview it, the icons are all changed to "? Unknown Attachment". If I save the template, all the pasted content is gone with only a few lines of text.

Maybe this is just another of many issues with Confluence Cloud? :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events