Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header and Footer does not appear in Confluence MS Word export

CCP TechOps May 20, 2014

While trying to set custom header and footer in Confluence (ver. 4.3.1) MS Word exports, it does not work. I tried editing the file ...webapps/confluence/pages/exportword.vm and addeded header & footer HTML tags. But no luck. I could not see the header and footer set while trying to export.

Need some help in how to resolve this. Also if some coding needs to be put in place, let us know the coding and where it should go. Thanks in advance.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CCP TechOps August 24, 2014

We some how managed to get this. We set the header under look and feel Confluence. This would not set completely as a header but will appear while printing pages.

0 votes
Patrick Jutzi December 10, 2021

Hi 

I hade a little question. could someone send me the Code whitch i have to insert on this file:

( ...\confluence\pages\exportword.vm

That i have this information in the header by a word export:

• Pagename
  • Version Number
  • Last change Date

i have unfortunately no idee how i can insert this i a header

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

I was able to see the footer printed to the word document using the steps outlined here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Customise+MS+Word+Exports, while editing this file ( ...\confluence\pages\exportword.vm ) and the following markup:

<body>

<h1>$!page.title</h1>

<div class="Section1">

$renderedPageContent

</div>

<div class="CustomFootah">

This document is private, please do not share with anyone other than the intended recipients.

</div>

</body>

</html>

CCP TechOps July 11, 2014

Guilherme,

Thanks for the reply. But with above html content the text only appends at the end of the document while exporting to MS Word.

It does not appear as "Footer".

hote April 10, 2016

Agree with @CCP TechOps

shira segal inbar July 3, 2018

Hi @CCP TechOps@hote

Have you ever succeeded in creating a footer that repeats itself on every page?

Thanks,

Shira

0 votes
CCP TechOps July 10, 2014

Also while printing pages the header and footer does now show up. We are using Confluence in Documentation Theme.

0 votes
CCP TechOps June 15, 2014

Header & Footer appears while exporting to PDF. This has been configured under Look & Feel > PDF Stylesheet. The problem is only with MS Word exports.

Below is output of Tools > View Storage Format of a test page. Let me know where we need to configure the header & footer so that they appear in MS Word exports.

<h3>This is my test page - CCP Techops</h3>
<p>PlantUML plugin</p><ac:macro ac:name="plantuml"><ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">BLOCK</ac:parameter><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[version]]></ac:plain-text-body></ac:macro>
0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2014

Hello there, there is an open improvement for the HTML Export to enable one to carry those parts of the page with the content. There is a chance we are seeing the same limitation with MS Word exports.

Would it be possible to provide context on how the header and footer contents are wrapped into the page? - you can retrieve them in *Tools > View Storage Format*. Also, does the same content is hidden when using the Export to PDF route?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events