Google Drive document won't display inline in Confluence; says link is restricted

Jon Andersen January 11, 2022

_luciferdeck.png

I'm trying to embed a spreadsheet in a confluence page. The document has been "published to web" (and that article needs to be updated to reflect the new gdrive menu layout).

I own the gdrive document, I've given it "anyone with link" permission, the gdrive integration app has been installed, and my account allows atlassian to access GDrive

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Jon Andersen ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! You've popped this question in the Trello area but it sounds like this is more focused on Confluence, am I right? 

I would recommend looking at adding the Google Drive Macroas that will enable you to embed Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files from your Google Drive directly into your Confluence page.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Jon Andersen 

Welcome to the community!!

By default the link is restricted when you share the drive link

You need to change the drive permissions to change the display view in confluence

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events