Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Gifs in confluence pages are no longer displaying

I've created numerous confluence pages within the project I'm working on and today it seems all of the pages that previously had gifs functioning are now empty. When I go into edit mode, it will show where the gif should be but with a broken page icon as if there is something wrong with them. It's not bound to just one page but pages that were fine weeks or months ago also have the same issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Nov 06, 2023

@Daniel Stokes Welcome to the Atlassian community

Where were the gifs stored?  Did you upload them to the page or were they linked to gifs shared on the web or a different Confluence page or space?

@Brant Schroeder The gifs were uploaded to the page some by drag and drop and others through the upload image option. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Nov 07, 2023

@Daniel Stokes can you still see them as attachments on the page or have they been removed?  Also are you on server or cloud?

@Brant Schroeder when looking at the page in published mode, they are removed / invisible but when I go to edit the page, I can see "Website Troubleshooting: Fixing Broken Images - Analytic DesignProject > Page > Gif name.gif" (with the broken page icon). 

I'm also on the Server version of Confluence.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nov 08, 2023

@Daniel Stokes Sounds like they are possible a linked item and not an actual upload.  Can you look at the page attachments and see if it is listed there?

@Brant Schroeder When I go to the "attached to this page" section, I can see all the intended gifs there

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nov 09, 2023

Can you open them or download them?   Are you on cloud or server?

@Brant Schroeder I'm on the server and when selecting the gifs, I can click the little expand option and then download, zoom in and out and start a presentation with them. I could re-insert them all but it's strange this issue has happened on numerous pages

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nov 09, 2023

@Daniel Stokes Have you worked with your server admin to see if there were any changes made on the server or to your Jira instance?  Have any apps been removed?   Are there any errors in the logs? Are others having the same issue?  What happens if you upload a new gif does it eventually break?  

hello Brant, we are a team using confluence for a long time and an question occurred to us suddenly , could you please have a look?

looks like more than one users have the same issue:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/NEED-HELP-Suddenly-Got-quot-isShowSignUp-in-LoginAction-for/qaq-p/2525764#M285136

Thank  you for your time!

@Brant Schroeder The issue was noticed by our internal team and is now fixed. Thank you for all your help 😊

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nov 10, 2023

Great to know what was causing the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events