Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the URL of an issue create screen

Deleted user November 6, 2012

Back when we had Jira 3, and not the 'create issue' lightbox, but an actual new page with it's own Id,we used this in our Confluence install to give users direct links to an actual issue create screen. But this has stopped working for us. Is there any possible way to get the url of the create issue screen for a certain project and issue type? Or does the new create issue method not allow that?

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

It still works (at least on Jira 5.1.5): my.jira.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?issuetype=1&pid=10000

Of course, you need to use your own issueType id and project id.

HTH

Deleted user November 11, 2012

Correct & duly noted. Marking this as the correct answer if anyone else has the same problem.

Joe Sandmeyer March 10, 2020

To create the URL you still need to figure out your PID and ISSUETYPE codes. See the following:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-project-id-from-the-jira-user-interface-827341414.html

Azad Derakhshani June 11, 2020

Not really necessary, you can just use my.jira.com/CreateIssue.jspa and choose the project from the dropdown.

PID and ISSUETYPE codes are only accessible to admins.

Like Dennis T likes this
Colin McDermott_GLiNTECH July 20, 2020

Although you want to set users on the correct path from the start. 

I.e. "create an issue for my team" should direct you to their project. 

Not the developers or the accounts project, not having the ticket sit there for months before reassignment. 

While the createissue.jspa is good as a catchall. better to get the junk cleaned early. 

idiyana December 31, 2020

Hi,

is this approach can be used for transition screen too? i'm trying to provide a link to user where they can directly open the transition screen without open the issue first and click on the transition button

1 vote
Osman Beyaztas March 17, 2021

indeed, i'm also looking for a url to get directly the "popup" window and don't want to select the project, issue type and click on next.

I'm just looking for an easy way to create new requests without taking those extra steps.

1 vote
Matthew Rinehart October 20, 2016

Sorry to dig up old posts, but this is one of the top ones on the topic in Google.

We are using this format on our links, but we're seeing some odd behavior. For some of our users, the Project type is not being pre-selected based on the pid= string we have in the URL. It's coming up blank.

These cases don't appear to have a pattern. Logged in, not logged in, same browser, whatever. 

Is there any way to determine why it's not being pre-selected for some?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events