Get content on one page from several pages

Gregor Samsa April 4, 2016

Hello guys,

I am having 10 pages for different groups of people.

I am having the problem that several people have to fill in certain parts of "their" page.

I have to summarize all this content in one page to see, which tasks or input, which people have.

Any suggestions how to implement this use case in confluence?

I appreciate your replies!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Either that, or you can include an excerpt macro on each page that you have to extract information from, and then use the excerpt-include macro on the page where you want to display it all.  That won't do the summarizing, but if you need all the information, then that might be the way to go.  You could also use a combination of this for content that has to be exactly duplicated and the Page Properties Report that Aleks talked about for stuff that needs to be summarized.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

Get the users to write their pages as they see fit.

Then create a summary page, with the include-excerpt macro to pull in the part of their pages that you want to share.  (I'd create them a template with the macro ready for them, so they have a good example)

1 vote
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Hi Gregor,

Try Page Properties Report macro. Create a table on the child pages, with key/value columns, and the parent page can display those key/values in a table.

Gregor Samsa April 4, 2016

Thx for your answer! Do I need a special macro for a table with key/value columns? Kind regards!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

No, nothing special, you just use the  page properties  as linked to on the page Aleks gave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events