Get content on one page from several pages

Hello guys,

I am having 10 pages for different groups of people.

I am having the problem that several people have to fill in certain parts of "their" page.

I have to summarize all this content in one page to see, which tasks or input, which people have.

Any suggestions how to implement this use case in confluence?

I appreciate your replies!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 04, 2016

Either that, or you can include an excerpt macro on each page that you have to extract information from, and then use the excerpt-include macro on the page where you want to display it all.  That won't do the summarizing, but if you need all the information, then that might be the way to go.  You could also use a combination of this for content that has to be exactly duplicated and the Page Properties Report that Aleks talked about for stuff that needs to be summarized.

Hi Gregor,

Try Page Properties Report macro. Create a table on the child pages, with key/value columns, and the parent page can display those key/values in a table.

Thx for your answer! Do I need a special macro for a table with key/value columns? Kind regards!

No, nothing special, you just use the  page properties  as linked to on the page Aleks gave

1 vote

Get the users to write their pages as they see fit.

Then create a summary page, with the include-excerpt macro to pull in the part of their pages that you want to share.  (I'd create them a template with the macro ready for them, so they have a good example)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

907 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you