Get Data out of Confluence into BI Tool

Alexander Schätzle February 25, 2015

Hello everybody,

we designed in Confluence a kind of a Project Overview Table, where every Project is listed with different information like Potential of turnover etc.... 

At the moment I'm trying to get this table into a BI tool. The problem is, that if I am using the odbc connector, the tables is store in the Confluence-DB as html content (logically), so I can not use it for Reporting etc.

When I'm trying to get the connection via the web-file integration, the table is not recognized from the BI tool.
(I'm using the Source-Link of the Confluence Table, where the Project table is...) 

Anyway, if I am using the simple Excel "from Web-File" integration, it works. 

As you can suerly guess, this is not a very "perfect" solution...

So my question is, is there a tool which can export exactly the table?
I allready read the documention of the Confluence CLI (Bobswift) but I'm not quite shure if it'll work that way.

Otherwise maybe it is possible with a simple ODBC connection?

Has anybody experience with this kind of use case ? smile

Thank you so much!

Greets Alex wink 

2 answers

2 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

Table Filter has a Pivot Table macro that provides basic BI tools. Also there is a Chart from Table macro that can help you to visualize results. 

Hope it will help you.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

I don't think the Confluence CLI will help. It can provide the page html or page source xhtml, but you still need a script or something to transform that into another form.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events