Garbled text display in confluence page on windows

Nga August 6, 2022

Confluence server on windows after upgrade. The garbled text displayed shown in RED. Where do I go to fix this issue for all confluence pages.

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2022

@Nga Welcome to the Atlassian community

Your screenshot is not attached.  Since I cannot see what the issue is I am making a guess, check out this KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-ui-shows-garbled-or-corrupt-text-on-captcha-macros-and-or-diagrams-due-to-missing-fonts-938027858.html 

Nga August 7, 2022

Thx Brant, I already looked at the link before posting. The link is for Linux upgrade which isn't our exact scenario. Let me try to paste the image again.confgarbel3.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2022

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like a CSS issue.  Did you clear your browsers cache?

Nga August 8, 2022

Thx Brant.

Yes, I already clear browsers cache. but it didn't help.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

@Nga is this happening in all browsers?  Is it happening to all users?

Nga August 8, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  yes in all browsers (chrome, edge) and to all users and to all spaces

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

If you inspect the element in the browser what are you seeing?  Also if you look at the network when inspecting the page are you seeing any 404 or 500 when the page is loading?

Nga August 8, 2022

when I inspect the element in the browser, the title Pages/Name look fine 

<tr><td class="line-number" value="67"></td><td class="line-content"> <span class="html-tag">&lt;meta <span class="html-attribute-name">name</span>="<span class="html-attribute-value">ajs-content-type</span>" <span class="html-attribute-name">content</span>="<span class="html-attribute-value">page</span>"&gt;</span></td></tr>

<tr><td class="line-number" value="68"></td><td class="line-content"> <span class="html-tag">&lt;meta <span class="html-attribute-name">name</span>="<span class="html-attribute-value">ajs-parent-page-title</span>" <span class="html-attribute-name">content</span>="<span class="html-attribute-value">Ngoc-Nga Do’s Home</span>"&gt;</span></td></tr>

There isn't any 404 nor 500 when page is loading

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events