Fullscreen not working for youtube videos with Widget Connector plugin in Confluence

Tobbe September 15, 2017

HI,

I used the Widget Connector plugin to embed a Youtube in Confluence.

However, its not possible to click the fullscreen button.

You get the message "Fullscreen is unavailable".

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2017

Which client browser(s) have you tested this against?

Tobbe September 17, 2017

Hi Gregory,

I have tested with browsers:

• Google Chrome 
    • Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Mac)
    • Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) (PC)

• Safari Version 10.1.2 (12603.3.8)
  •  Internet Explorer 11
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit)
Brandon Schaefer November 20, 2017

Is there a solution to this?  I also run in to the same issue using both the widget connector and the straight HTML include macro.

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

It appears there is a workaround on confluence server, see the user comments on:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-40471

Brandon Schaefer November 20, 2017

Thanks Gregory, the sample code from Tom in the workaround worked for me!

Maicon Saraiva August 29, 2019

Someone found a solution for Confluence Cloud?

Nick Kennedy October 22, 2019

It would be very useful to have a fix/workaround for Confluence Cloud.

Like # people like this
weweave UG
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2020

Hi @Nick Kennedy, you can check out our app "YouTube for Confluence" (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221789/). The app supports playing video in a fullscreen Confluence Dialog. Due to technical limitation in Confluence Cloud, the native YouTube fullscreen mode is not supported, but our app provides some workarounds to get a similar fullscreen experience.

yurymakarychev July 20, 2020

this has to be ready out of the box. such a non-sense to pay extra money for using fullscreen view in youtube macro at extremely expensive product

im already paying about 1k$ only for confluence&jira to atlassian every single month. it's too expensive to keep business knowledgebase on confluence already

Like Anthony Engel likes this
Joakim Eide October 7, 2020

How can a "Technical limitation" be a blocker for fullscreen youtube on your platform in 2020?

In 6 months the feature-ticket request for a custom domain will have it's 10-year anniversary. TEN YEARS.

Good luck on ever seeing this.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events