First access slow

Richard Reijmers (masterdam79) November 24, 2014

Hey there!

Just deployed your confluence documentation software in our Office LAN and loving it so far.

The only thing we find is that the first time a user accesses and logs in, this can be very slow, sometimes 10 seconds until the user is logged in.

After waiting this period the software is perfoming blazing fast for all users, just the very first person logging in has this issue.

We followed the instructions for production servers with the MySQL database.

The software is deployed on an office VMware cluster which performs pretty good so that shouldn't be an issue.

Has anyone encountered such problems before?

Maybe a certain parameter of config setting?

Seems de application needs to "wake up" before it can be used.

3 answers

0 votes
Michael July 15, 2020

I still very much have this issue and always have had it with Confluence, despite being a very small instance with 2 users the first time accessing it when neither of us has been in it is super slow and then good after that.  Now trying to Google an answer I can't find anything as all of these old questions none of the answers seem to be loading so now I'm looking for an answer to fix this once and for all.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

The first time the application is accessed after a recycle of the service or reboot it will take longer to load. I'm pretty sure this is normal behavior. Ours actually takes much longer now that we have more content and more add-ons installed ... closer to five minutes or so.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2014

Hi Richard,

I think this can happen when confluence is having slow communication towards the LDAP. Are you using an external management directory? After you first login, the cache is synced and the subsequent logins are faster. That's my assumption in this case.

I suggest to check without the external user management and verify if the issue persists.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events