External Linking from Insight using Insight Macro working incorrectly.

Tarah Sawyer January 6, 2022

While utilizing the Insight Macro in Confluence, and when activating "Enable External Linking on Attribute Values" in "Additional Settings", when setting up the macro on a Confluence page, once published the links will only link to one of the objects that are populated in the query. 

For example: 

After setting up the macro and clicking save on the Confluence page the macro will show a list of names: 

John Smith
Susan Jones
James Moore

If you click on John Smith or Susan Jones it navigates to the James Moore object in Insight. 

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

Hi @Tarah Sawyer 

Welcome to the Community!!

It's the link for Objects related to respective User, the macro is functioning properly

Let me know how you thought it would behave

Here's a reference

https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/insight-objects-macro-1085180834.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Tarah Sawyer January 10, 2022

I probably should have used a better example. 

If I have a list of Servers (Server1, Server2, Server3) that I want to show in Confluence from Insight - The list appears utilizing the macro, but if I click the link for Server1 I will see the Insight page for Server3. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events